Economic DevelopmentLocated in the Okanagan Valley in the interior of British Columbia, Penticton offers the amenities of a larger urban centre yet maintains all the benefits of an uncongested, serene location.
With a greater population of 43,313 the City of Penticton has a strong commitment to economic development. Incentives, zoning, and investments in infrastructure are strategically aimed to create success for businesses and deliver economic returns to the city. The Penticton Economic Development Office works with the City of Penticton, Penticton and Wine Country Tourism, Penticton Chamber of Commerce, and the local First Nation, the Penticton Indian Band, to implement strategies that strengthen the local economy.
You can download the 2011 Economic Profile [PDF - 4.9 MB] for detailed information on Penticton's economy and demographics.
Imagine Your Business in Penticton
The Penticton Economic Development office has taken a progressive approach to promoting a dynamic and competitive business environment to achieve economic growth and success. Our mission is to act as a catalyst for economic growth in Penticton by supporting local business through the enhancement of opportunities, promotion of sustainable and dynamic business practices and the attraction of new business investment.
Our services are available to potential companies and entrepreneurs considering relocation to Penticton, as well as to existing businesses looking for support in growth and expansion. We are available to provide support with a number of services; we can:
- Offer relocation and familiarization tours of the city and surrounding area. Download our Relocation Guide [PDF - 5 MB] for more information.
- Provide information on business and economic conditions, and identify business development and investment opportunities to potential investors.
- Assist in making connections with key business resources.
- Provide direction on site selection, business registration, taxation, and regulatory issues.
- Provide information on the local lifestyle, amenities, and general community.