Endorsed by Council on August 15, 2011
Penticton – a vibrant, innovative, adventurous waterfront City focused on sustainability, community and economic opportunity.
- There is a sense of excitement throughout Penticton. Families are celebrating life in the community year-round and attending a robust mixture of festivals and all season events, local markets, cultural institutions and experiences, multicultural events that also attract numerous visitors adding additional life and energy to the community.
- A revitalized downtown where the buildings are created to blend with the natural environment; where the rich array of culinary, education, theatre, casino and active night life options emits the vibe that Penticton is an exciting place to live and visit.
- City pride is palpable and evidenced by a rich assortment of active volunteer organizations that enable citizens to engage in and improve their community.
- Penticton is business friendly and economically diverse. It has a healthy mix of traditional business offerings as well as knowledge-based enterprises providing products and services to the local, provincial, national and global community.
- Well remunerated employment opportunities abound and attract people seeking new economy career opportunities and their families.
- Penticton offers a wide array of international, national, provincial and regional sport tourism, and outdoor adventure opportunities.
- Penticton promotes the benefits of healthy living for all ages.
- Penticton's pristine lakes are enhanced by exceptional accommodation, dining and recreational options for residents and visitors alike to gather as a community.
- Sensitive waterfront areas have been rehabilitated, preserved, protected and enhanced demonstrating that Penticton and its citizens are exemplary environmental stewards.
- Penticton has an outstanding quality of life as reflected by average incomes, favorable positions on social indicator scales (homelessness, personal safety, accessible public transport, social assistance needs, poverty, life satisfaction, education, and leisure).
- There is a true sense of community where we feel good about our neighbours and where collaborative relationships come naturally.
- Penticton is a leader in balancing social, environmental, economic and agricultural sustainability.
- We have a sustainable environment with a carbon footprint that is among the smallest for communities our size.
- We seek to meet the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- The City of Penticton is fiscally sustainable. It meets service and financial commitments, withstands economic downturns and implements new projects with intergenerational equity and fairness by ensuring that undue costs are not shifted to future generations.
- We accept and respect others and have created a safe, positive and nurturing environment to explore and celebrate the richness of human diversity.
- We understand and believe that each individual is unique - be it along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, education, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.