Permits are required for the removal of buildings or portions of buildings, when greater than 10 sq. m or 108 sq ft in building footprint area.
- Permit Application - Demo Permit Pkg.pdf [PDF - 2.4 MB]
- Information regarding demo permits - Bulletin Building 2012 demolition permits.pdf [PDF - 111 KB]
- Flowchart of demo process - DemoProcess-Flowchart.pdf [PDF - 131 KB]
- Utilities Accounts will need to be disconnected and finalized before a demolition permit is issued. Exemption can be arranged, contact Building Dept to discuss.
- Contact FortisBC, if gas disconnection required at 1-888-224-2710
- Contact RDOS (Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen) to apply for "Waste Disposal and Renovation Waste Permit"
- Pre-Demolition Hazardous Assessment required for any buildings built prior to 1991.
Here are some things to keep in mind when making an application:
- Incomplete application packages will not be processed and instead will be returned to the applicant
- Building Permit Fee and Fine Schedule - 2016-02-16-Building Dept Fees.pdf [PDF - 123 KB]
- If all services are disconnected and all paperwork in order, permits can be issued in one to two weeks.
- You can view your permit application status online using your MyCity account
Please contact the Building Department if you have any questions, call 250-490-2571 or email@example.com