New Home Building Permits
You'll need a building permit for a new single family, or duplex. If you are building a multi-family dwelling, please use the commercial/multifamily application.
Apply for a Building Permit
- SFD & Duplex Package.pdf [PDF - 356 KB]
- 2014 Agency Agreement Intro.pdf [PDF - 290 KB]
- Agency Agreement Form.pdf [PDF - 111 KB]
You will require:
- Mechanical/Heating Permit - Mechanical-Heating Application Pkg.pdf [PDF - 106 KB]
- Plumbing Permit - Plumbing Permit Pkg.pdf [PDF - 188 KB]
You may also require the following permits through BC Safety Authority:
- Gas Permits
Here are some things to keep in mind when making an application:
- Incomplete application packages will not be processed and instead will be returned to the applicant
- Building Permit Fee and Fine Schedule - 2016-02-16-Building Dept Fees.pdf [PDF - 123 KB]
- New homes require proof of registration from Licencing and Consumer Services (formerly Homeowner Protection Office HPO)
- It could take three to five weeks for an application to be reviewed and processed
- You can view your permit application status online using your MyCity account
Occupancy of a new home is not permitted until a valid occupancy permit is approved and issued by the City of Penticton.
Please contact the Building Department if you have any questions, call 250-490-2571 or firstname.lastname@example.org .