New Home Building Permits

You'll need a building permit for a new single family, or duplex.  If you are building a multi-family dwelling, please use the commercial/multifamily application.

Apply for a Building Permit

You will require:

You may also require the following permits through BC Safety Authority:

  • Gas Permits
  • Electrical Permits

Here are some things to keep in mind when making an application:

  • Incomplete application packages will not be processed and instead will be returned to the applicant
  • Building Permit Fee and Fine Schedule - 2016-02-16-Building Dept Fees.pdf [PDF - 123 KB]
  • New homes require proof of registration from Licencing and Consumer Services (formerly Homeowner Protection Office HPO)
  • It could take three to five weeks for an application to be reviewed and processed
  • You can view your permit application status online using your MyCity account

Occupancy of a new home is not permitted until a valid occupancy permit is approved and issued by the City of Penticton.

Please contact the Building Department if you have any questions, call 250-490-2571 or .