The Engineering Department consists of eight staff members under the direction of the City Engineer. The department liaises with the Public Works, Electrical and Parks departments to deliver well integrated services and ensure that City infrastructure is well planned, appropriate, functional and affordable.
The City of Penticton Engineering Department is responsible for several functions:
- Preparation of Master Plans and Reports within the City which are available for download below:
- Preparation of annual and ten year budgets, including Capital Works, that support the expansion or replacement of crucial City infrastructure; Refer to the 2017 Capital Works Construction Schedule [PDF - 30 KB] for possible works in your area.
- Design and management of construction of City infrastructure projects;
- Responds to public queries related to City infrastructure including participation in committee activities providing input to Council;
- Responsibility for the Advanced Waste Water Treatment Plant;
- Responsibility for the Water Treatment Plant;
- Administer and process applications for permits related to the following bylaws:
- Irrigation, Sewer and Water Bylaw
- Traffic Control Bylaw
- Fees and Charges Bylaw
- Subdivision and Development
- Provide surveying services to address City interests;
- Participation in special construction projects and providing advice to other departments on design and construction related matters; and
- Maintenance of utility records, as built information and mapping information.
Development Engineering is a part of Development Services, and provides engineering services to the Planning department.