Solid Waste & Recycling
The City of Penticton provides waste collection services, through a contractor, to residential and some multi-family properties. The waste collection service includes:
- Garbage collection
- Recycle collections
- Yard waste collection
- Bulk item collection
- Christmas Tree Recycling
Christmas Tree Recycling Drop-off
Trees can be dropped off at Fire Hall #2 located @ 285 Dawson Avenue for chipping and recycling.
For more information please call the Public Works Department (250) 490-2500.
2013 Christmas Pick-up Schedule
If your garbage day is Christmas Day (Wednesday, December 25th) your garbage and recycling will be picked up Saturday, December 28th.
If your garbage day is New Year's Day (Wednesday, January 1, 2014) your garbage and recycling will be picked up Saturday, January 4, 2014.
- 2013-2014 Garbage and Recycle Calendar Final REVISED.pdf [PDF - 3 MB]
- OPEIC Outdoor Power Equipment Recycle Information.pdf [PDF - 82 KB]
- Commonly Asked Questions - Revised 2011.pdf [PDF - 232 KB]
- Garbage Collection - What's New [PDF - 203 KB]
- What You Can Recycle [PDF - 103 KB]
- Garbage Can Placement [PDF - 198 KB]
- Solid Waste Collection (Bylaw 2011-39).pdf [PDF - 829 KB]
- Penticton Compost Brochure [PDF - 1.2 MB]
You can assist us by taking the time to report any issues you note with solid waste and recycle collection that you encounter during your travels.
Should wish to make an application related to solid waste please see the following links:
- Garbage Bylaw Schedule C - Application Process.pdf [PDF - 240 KB]
- Garbage Bylaw Schedule C - Application.pdf [PDF - 207 KB]
- Multi-Family Release and Indemnity Form [PDF - 144 KB]
- Garbage Schedule G Multi-Family Recycling Weekly.pdf [PDF - 207 KB]