Save water - reduce your use
July 13, 2015
Every drop counts! Due to the hot weather trend, the City of Penticton is asking residents to conserve water and reduce consumption wherever possible. Stage 1 water restrictions are still in effect, but the long stretch of hot weather in early summer may impact water levels unless you do your part to use less water.
- Water your lawn a little less – choose one less day or only in the evening after dusk.
- Water only at night, which reduces evaporation.
- Don’t mow – let it grow. Leaving grass 2-3 inches tall helps retain moisture.
- Where do your sprinklers spray? Make sure it’s only on the grass and not on sidewalks or driveways.
- Check your sprinkler heads so they’re efficiently watering, rather than losing water in one spot.
- Skip washing the car for a few weeks.
- Put a timer in the shower, and reduce how long you lather.
For more information, visit the Water Conservation webpage or call 490-2560.Go to Top