Talking Trash: Unlimited yard waste and large/bulky item pickup
April 6, 2017
There are two major events occurring this month for residents of Penticton who receive curbside garbage collection. First, during the week of April 10-14th, is the annual Large and Bulky Item collection. When placing your large items at the curb, please keep in mind the following:
- Residents can place out by 7:00 am a maximum of 2 large items for pick-up on their regular garbage day.
- Ensure that all large/bulky items are placed a minimum 1m/3ft away from your garbage and recycle carts.
- Accepted items include: furniture, large appliances and mattresses.
- Maximum weight is 90kg/200 lbs per item.
- Items not accepted: NO renovation waste, including toilets, plumbing, doors, and nothing with a gas motor.
With a late start to the spring, the City would like to offer an additional week of unlimited yard waste collection to residents with curbside garbage collection during the week of April 17-21st. When placing yard waste at the curb, keep in mind the following:
- Place yard waste at the curb by 7:00 am on your regular garbage day.
- Ensure that your city-issued yard waste cart is filled and placed at the curb. Once your city cart is filled, additional yard waste can be placed in kraft paper bags and reusable containers marked as “yard waste”.
- Kraft paper bags that are ripped, heavily saturated, or exceeding 50 pounds in weight cannot be collected.
- Bundle branches using string or twine, and ensure the prunings are no more than three feet in length, three inches in diameter and 50 pounds in weight. Branches that are not bundled or more than three feet in length cannot be collected.
- Please leave your yard waste at the curb, as a second truck will be coming by to pick up the additional yard waste.
- Please leave a 3ft/1m space between carts and additional yard waste.