Work is now complete on the 2023-2027 Financial & Corporate Business Plan.
Review the Document
News and Information
Here is all of the information that has been shared about the 2023-2027 Financial and Corporate Business Plans and the engagement process to consult the public.
Key Dates for Community Involvement
The City has several opportunities for the community to learn more and get involved in the process to create the 2023-2027 Financial and Business Plans. This engagement process will run from Feb. 28 to Mar. 10. More information is available at www.shapeyourcitypenticton.ca but a summary of the key dates is provided below.
- Feb. 28 - Following the Council meeting on Feb. 28, you can review the proposed 2023-2027 Financial Plan and supporting materials at www.shapeyourcitypenticton.ca. Paper copies can be viewed at the City’s engagement kiosks at City Hall, the Community Centre and the Library. Feedback will be collected through to the end of day on March 10.
- Mar. 6 - Attend an online information session between 6:30 - 8 pm. Participants will receive a short presentation and have the opportunity to ask staff questions. Register here or at www.shapeyourcitypenticton.ca to attend.
- Mar. 8 - Members of the business community are invited to see an address by the Mayor about priorities for the City in a separate event hosted by the Penticton and Wine Country Chamber of Commerce. Check the Chamber’s website (www.penticton.org) for information on how to purchase tickets for the breakfast.
- Mar. 9 - Drop by the Council Open House between 4 pm – 7 pm at the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre to discuss the budget, community safety and the utility rate review with Council and staff. RCMP Superintendent Brian Hunter, Fire Chief Larry Watkinson and Bylaw Services Manager Tina Mercier will also be in attendance to speak with residents. Refreshments will be served!
- Mar. 10 - Last day to complete the feedback form to share your thoughts with Council.
- Mar. 14 - See the presentation of the engagement results shared with Council at the start of budget deliberations at 8:30 am.
- March 14-15 - Attend budget deliberations in person in Council from 8:30 am to 5 pm and continuing on March 15. An extra session is planned for March 16 beginning at 2 pm if required. Can’t attend in person? The deliberations will be streamed online at www.penticton.ca. Residents will also have the opportunity to address Council in-person or on Zoom during the deliberations. Watch for details when the agenda is published at www.penticton.ca.