Information for Candidates
Missed the candidate workshops from May 24 and June 13? Please view the presentation here [PDF - 2.1 MB] and if you have additional questions about the workshop, please call for email Laurie Darcus, Chief Election Officer at:
Missed the Pre-Election Workshop: Candidate Bootcamp and Citizen School presentation August 31? Check out the video below!
Interested in running for Council? Some of the ways you can prepare are:
- Attend Council meetings to learn about priority issues/projects and observe what being on a council might be like;
- Look at the City of Penticton’s key planning documents and reports;
- Get to know key groups in the community to understand the diversity of interests in our area;
- Research the internet for information about local governments and basic facts about the local government system in BC.
Running for Penticton City Council?
Check out these helpful hints for Candidates, including details on: new information videos, Elections BC material, campaign financing, useful media contacts and more.
Helpful Hints for Candidates
|Ready to start campaigning?||Signage Tips and Political Signage Bylaw|
- Candidate's Guide to Local Elections in BC
- Elector Organization Guide to Local Elections in BC
- What Every Candidate Needs to Know
- General Local Elections 101
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in BC
- Foundational Principles of Responsible Conduct