WWTP Co-op Student
Competition Number: 19-02E
Job Title: WWTP Co-op Student
Department: Waste Water Treatment Plant
Employment Type: Summer Co-op Student
Salary: $16.88 per hour plus 14% in lieu of all benefits.
Posted Date: January 07, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 28, 2019 12:00 AM
Last Updated Date: January 7, 2019
The City of Penticton’s Waste Water Treatment Plant has a 4-month vacancy for a Co-op Student who is enrolled in a Water Engineering Technology program. This facility is considered one of the most technologically up-to-date advanced wastewater treatment facilities in North America. Our wastewater management re-use facility provides irrigation for parks, an 18-hole golf course, and generates compost for commercial sales. This is a unique opportunity where a student will have a chance to gain insight into an advanced Waste Water Treatment Plant facility while gaining work experience in their field of study.
The hourly wage for this position will be $16.88 per hour plus 14% in lieu of all benefits. The successful candidate will work 40 hours per week, typically from Monday to Friday and including some evenings. Primary duties will include:
- Solids side operations including; centrifuge operation/optimization, DAF operation/optimization, data input and opening and closing rounds.
- Liquids side operations including; SCADA monitoring, data input, daily laboratory analysis and opening and closing rounds.
- Lift station weekly inspections.
- Special projects as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to follow proper safety rules and procedures, as well as communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. driver’s licence; Class N is also acceptable.
- Mechanical aptitude.
This position will be open until filled. Qualified applicants who are interested in this challenge are invited to submit their resume to:
PLEASE QUOTE COMPETITION NO: 19-02E
No additional documents available for this post.