Getting to and from Penticton
Penticton is located in the Southern Okanagan of British Columbia. It has local, national and international travel connections. It is serviced by a local regional airport, a nearby international airport, and easy highway access.
Local Airport Connections
- Penticton's airport is minutes from downtown
- 4 flights a day to and from Vancouver
- 1 flight to and from Calgary
- Multiple daily connections to Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Fort McMurray and beyond on commercial or charter flights
- Penticton Airport is serviced by Air Canada and WestJet Encore
Nearby International Airport Connections
One hour's picturesque drive along the west shore of Okanagan Lake on Hwy 97 is the Kelowna International Airport. Here there are multiple daily connections with major and minor Canadian centres including Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray, as well as international destinations - making Penticton easy to access from anywhere in the world.
Airlines flying out of Kelowna include West Jet, Air Canada, United Airlines, Alaska Airlines and others.
Learn more about Penticton's location and highway connections.
Sample Flight Travel Times (including layover time)*:
From Penticton Airport:
- Penticton to Vancouver – 55 minutes
- Penticton to Calgary – 1 hour
- Penticton to Edmonton (via Calgary) – 3.5 hours
- Penticton to Fort McMurray (via Calgary) – 6 hours
- Penticton to Toronto (via Vancouver) – 6.5 hours
From Kelowna Airport - (1.25 hours drive from Penticton):
- Kelowna to Edmonton – 1 hour
- Kelowna to Fort McMurray – 2 hours
- Kelowna to Toronto – 5 hours
- Kelowna to Puerto Vallarta – 6 hours
*actual flight times will vary depending on flights and connections booked.