Lakeview Cemetery is located on the east bench of Penticton overlooking Okanagan Lake, the address is 775 Lower Bench Road.
There are no interments on Sundays or Statutory holidays.
Cremated remains services can be booked from 9.00 am, until 2.00 pm, one hour is allocated for the duration of the interment. From 1st April to 31st October, a cremated remains interment can be held at 3.00 pm, the site must be clear by 3.30 pm.
Casket burials can be booked from 9.00 am until 1.00 pm, two hours is allocated for the duration of the interment.
Interment times do not overlap.
Purchasing a plot
The only area in Lakeview Cemetery where you can pre-purchase a plot, is within the Columbarium Gardens, either a niche which holds two sets of ashes or a mausoleum crypt for above ground casket burial.
- Columbarium niches which hold two sets of ashes
- Mausoleum crypts which hold one casket and one cremated remains
- Ossuary for in-ground co-mingled cremains
Flat marker section
- Standard size plot-flat marker section, holds two caskets and four sets of ashes
- Small size plot-flat marker section, one small casket and two cremains (see bylaw 6.15 Infant/Child lot)
- Cremation size plot-flat marker section, holds four sets of ashes
Upright marker section
- Standard size plot-upright marker section, holds two caskets and four sets of ashes
- Small size plot-upright marker section, one small casket and two cremains (see bylaw 6.15 Infant/Child lot)
- Standard size plot, green burial section, holds two caskets and four sets of ashes (see bylaw 9.0)
- Family Estate plot- holds four caskets and sixteen sets of ashes
- Family Estate plot for cremations, holds eight sets of ashes
Per the bylaw, these sections are available for Veterans and their spouses only, (ie these are not family plots) cremation plots, for two cremations, and full burial plots are available.
These can be ordered through a funeral home or directly via a monument manufacturer. Please refer to the bylaw, Schedule A.
Before a marker can be installed, the permit fee must be paid in full and the permission of the Rights Holder of the plot obtained.
Locating a grave
Please review the Deceased Report to find the person’s name, to the right of their name is the grave location, then refer to the cemetery map
A resident is defined as someone residing in the city of Penticton or who has owned property in the city of Penticton for six months immediately preceding the purchase of a right of interment. (See definitions and Section 6.8 of the Cemetery Management Bylaw No. 2018-15.)
Lakeview welcomes cut flowers, wreaths and floral offerings on graves with one flower arrangement per plot. Once the condition has deteriorated, the flowers will be removed. Artificial flowers can be placed from 1st November to 31st March.