New Home Building Permits
You'll need a building permit for a new single family, or duplex. If you are building a multi-family dwelling, please use the commercial/multifamily application.
Apply for a Building Permit
Please note new residential permits include Mechanical and Plumbing permits. You are no longer required to apply separately.
You may also require the following permits through Technical Safety BC
- Gas Permits
Here are some things to keep in mind when making an application:
- Incomplete application packages will not be processed and instead will be returned to the applicant
- Building Permit Fee and Fine Schedule - Building Fees Schedule [PDF - 144 KB]
- New homes require proof of registration from Licencing and Consumer Services through BC Housing (formerly Homeowner Protection Office HPO)
- It could take three to five weeks for an application to be reviewed and processed
- You can view your permit application status online using your MyCity account
Occupancy of a new home is not permitted until a valid occupancy permit is approved and issued by the City of Penticton.
Please contact the Building Department if you have any questions, call 250-490-2571 or firstname.lastname@example.org .