The City of Penticton Building Bylaw requires that a Plumbing Permit is necessary for any construction, extension, or repair of any plumbing system, or to make a connection to any sewer system.
This includes, but is not limited to the:
- Installation of a new fixtures, such as a sink or shower;
- Removing of a fixture or part of a plumbing system;
- Extension or installation of a sanitary sewer, storm sewer or water service;
- Installation or alteration of a fire sprinkler system or standpipe system;
- Installation or alteration of a footing drain or storm drain system;
- Installation of any back-flow prevention; or
- Installation of a lawn irrigation system.
A Plumbing Permit would not be required for minor modifications such as:
- Replacing existing fixtures in same location; or
- Repairing existing fixtures.
Please complete the Plumbing and Trades Application [PDF - 772 KB] and submit to the Building Department.
To view the current BC Plumbing Code, see https://www.bcpublications.ca/BCPublications/
For more information regarding Plumbing Permits, please call the Building Department at 250-490-2501 or contact us by email to email@example.com