Plumbing Permits

The City of Penticton Building Bylaw requires that a Plumbing Permit is necessary for any construction, extension, or repair of any plumbing system, or to make a connection to any sewer system.

This includes, but is not limited to the:

  • Installation of a new fixtures, such as a sink or shower;
  • Removing of a fixture or part of a plumbing system;
  • Extension or installation of a sanitary sewer, storm sewer or water service;
  • Installation or alteration of a fire sprinkler system or standpipe system;
  • Installation or alteration of a footing drain or storm drain system;
  • Installation of any back-flow prevention; or
  • Installation of a lawn irrigation system.

A Plumbing Permit would not be required for minor modifications such as:

  • Replacing existing fixtures in same location; or
  • Repairing existing fixtures.

Please complete the Plumbing and Trades Application [PDF - 772 KB] and submit to the Building Department.

To view the current BC Plumbing Code, see

For more information regarding Plumbing Permits, please call the Building Department at 250-490-2501 or contact us by email to