The City of Penticton Building Bylaw #94-45 requires that a Plumbing Permit is necessary for any construction, extension, or repair of any plumbing system, or to make a connection to any sewer system.
This includes, but is not limited to the:
- Installation of a new fixtures, such as a sink or shower
- Removing of a fixture or part of a plumbing system
- Extension or installation of a sanitary sewer, storm sewer or water service
- Installation or alteration of a fire sprinkler system or standpipe system
- Installation or alteration of a footing drain or storm drain system
- Installation of any back-flow prevention
- Installation of a lawn irrigation system
A Plumbing Permit would not be required for minor modifications such as:
- Replacing existing fixtures in same location
- Repairing existing fixtures
For Single or Duplex buildings, please fill out the Residential Plumbing Permit Application [PDF - 188 KB] and submit to the Building Department.
For Commercial, Industrial or Multifamily, please complete the Commercial Plumbing Permit Application [PDF - 224 KB] and submit to the Building Department.
For information on changes in the 2012 BC Building Code regarding Plumbing Permits - Please read below.
2012 BC Building Code Plumbing Changes [PDF - 1.8 MB]
For more information regarding Plumbing Permits, please call the Building Department at 250-490-2501 or contact us by email to email@example.com