Community Policing Unit
Penticton RCMP Community Policing Services has been active in Penticton since 1990 and is supported by the RCMP's "E" Division. The Community Policing Unit is comprised of four personnel and powered by numerous hardworking volunteers. The office is located at 185 Lakeshore Drive, and is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, with daily closures from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm and occassionally when staff are away attending engagements in the community.
Penticton RCMP Community Policing programs are designed to prevent crime and educate the community on crime prevention methods, while aiming to:
- Strengthen the safety and security of our community
- Provide awareness of crime and crime prevention opportunities
- Facilitate community problem solving
- Build relationships includive of all cultures within our community
- Develop partnerships within local government, education, business, health and Aboriginal communities
- Promote lifestyles and life choices that support health and wellness
The Community Policing Unit is always looking for committed volunteers to contribute to our programs. Volunteers contribute to the safety and security of the community, and gain experience in a variety of programs supporting the efforts of the local RCMP. If you have as little as five hours a month of free time and would like to help make your community a safer and more pleasant place to live, one of these positions could be for you.
For more information about the programs or to apply to become a volunteer, please visit Volunteer Opportunities, or call 250-492-4300.