New Off Leash Dog Parks
March 21, 2012 - April 21, 2012
The City of Penticton is pleased to announce the opening of three new off leash areas for dogs (and dog owners) within the City this spring.
City Yards – Dartmouth Road
Located in the old SPCA Dog Run beside the City Public Works Yards on Dartmouth Road. This is a fully-fenced off leash area.
Behind Water Treatment Plant – Penticton Avenue
This partially-fenced area is behind the Water Treatment Plant, and can be accessed via the pathway along Penticton Creek. Parking available 6am-5:30pm daily at the small lot outside of the Water Treatment Plant. Follow the pathway along the Creek to the off-leash area. In consideration of others please keep dogs on-leash until you are inside the designated off-leash area.
Ellis Creek Park – Industrial Place EXPECTED OPENING MAY 2012 !
Penticton's newest park, Ellis Creek Park, located beside Ellis Creek at Industrial Place. Bolstered by a Provincial LocalMotion grant, this project converted an old roadway into our newest greenspace, and features a fully fenced off leash dog area about ¼ acre in size.
Other Off-Leash Areas
· the fenced beach area at Okanagan Lake Park (note that dogs must be on-leash until inside the fenced off-leash area).
· the non-swimming beach at Three Mile Beach is also an off-leash area for dogs.
· Dogs must be leashed when outside of designated off leash areas;
· Dogs must have current licenses and vaccinations and be kept under control at all times;
· An adult must accompany children under 12 when in off-leash areas;
· Dogs are not allowed on sport fields, at cemeteries, on school property, on beaches (except where designated) or near playgrounds;
· Owners must clean-up after their pets;
· Off Leash areas are open from 6am-10pm daily.
The City of Penticton would like to thank all residents who have provided input towards the creation of off leash dog areas within the city. We welcome your comments and hope that you continue to provide input into the existing and future dog off leash areas.
Please report park-related problems or concerns to City of Penticton Parks Department at 250-490-2500.
Report dog-related problems to Animal Control 250-492-3801.
Go to Top