Committee appointments finalized
February 18, 2015
The City of Penticton has finalized appointments for the 2015-16 committees and successful applicants will be contacted shortly with details.
“We want to thank everyone who expressed an interest in serving their community. There is a great mix of new and returning committee members who will bring experience and fresh ideas to the table. Council is excited about moving forward on these initiatives with their guidance,” said Penticton Mayor Andrew Jakubeit.
City Council appointed members of the public to sit on various committees and boards for a two-year term. Appointments include (in no particular order):
Agriculture Advisory Committee: Charlie Utz, Rod King, Darshan Jassar, Fritz Hollenbach, Rebecca Ogden, Steven Boultbee, Chris Harp, Heather Sheddon and Rod Hollett. Liaison: Coun. Andre Martin.
Arts Creative & Cultural Innovations Committee: Jane Shaak, Kerri Milton, Vicky Jones, Robin Robertson, Murray Swales, Jason Cox and Allison Markin. Liaison: Coun. Campbell Watt.
Community Revitalization Committee:
- Downtown Revitalization Sub-Committee: Doug Eaton, Kerri Milton, Barb Haynes, Tim Scott, Pamela Stevenson, Cheryl Watts and Erin Hanson. Liaisons: Couns. Max Picton and Campbell Watt.
- Waterfront Revitalization Sub-Committee: Doug Eaton, Wayne Lebedow, Jim Cooper, Cal Meiklejohn, Rod King, Janice Taylor and Sharon Hickey. Liaisons: Couns. Max Picton and Campbell Watt.
Development Services Committee: Darshan Jassar, Jeffrey McGinley, Chris Harp, Christopher Marte, Bruce Schoenne, Matthew Coady, Peggy Gilmore and Frank Conci. Liaison: Coun. Campbell Watt.
Heritage and Museum Committee: Randy Manuel, Brad Hillis, Heather Buzzell, Edward Benoit, Shelley Clarke, Don Wright, Loraine Stephanson, Bill Allen. Liaison: Coun. Judy Sentes.
Penticton Creek Restoration Committee: Joe Enns, Kerri Milton, Tara White, Bruce McFarlane, Phillip Rogers (with Bruce Turnbull Penticton Fly Fishers' Association alternate), Bryn White and Doug Maxwell. Liaison: Coun. Helena Konanz.
SOEC Select Committee: Duane Jordan, Don Kendall and Dave Bushby. Liaison: Mayor Andrew Jakubeit.
Transportation Advisory Committee: Matt Berry, Rob Lionello, Daryl Clarke, Daniel Pizarro, Tracy Van Raes, Domenic Rampone, Louise Blais, Karina Chambers and Martyn Lewis. Liaison: Coun. Tarik Sayeed.
Mayor's task force appointments are:
- Affordable Community Task Force: Ann Howard, Garry Gratton, Nick Hill, Deborah Guthrie, Susan Mulligan, Shelagh Turner, Linda Sankey, Milton Orris, Marjorie King, Heather Sheddon and Kevin Ritcey. Liaison: Mayor Andrew Jakubeit.
- Portfolio: Coun. Judy Sentes.
- Economic Development & Prosperity Task Force: Andy Oakes, Mark Melissen, Ian MacDonald, Paulette Rennie and Derek Badger. Liaison: Mayor Andrew Jakubeit.
- Training Centres portfolio: Couns. Helena Konanz and Campbell Watt.
- Economic partnership portfolio: Couns. Andre Martin and Max Picton.
- Manufacturing portfolio: Couns. Helena Konanz and Campbell Watt.
- Technology portfolio: Coun. Tarik Sayeed
- Tourism Development Task Force: Robert Appelman, Tim Hodgkinson, Diana Stirling, Chris Bower, Mayor Andrew Jakubeit and Coun. Max Picton.
- Sport tourism and outdoor adventure portfolio: Coun. Max Picton.
- Festival and events portfolio: Coun. Judy Sentes.
- Cycling precinct portfolio: Coun. Campbell Watt.
- Meetings and conventions portfolio: Coun. Andre Martin.
Council's external appointments were also finalized:
|Penticton Art Gallery||Coun. Max Picton|
|Penticton Chamber of Commerce||Coun. Campbell Watt|
|College Advisory Board||Coun. Tarik Sayeed|
|Downtown Penticton Association||Coun.
|Peach Festival||Coun. Andre Martin|
|Penticton Industrial Development Association||Coun. Helena Konanz|
|Royalty Society||Coun. Helena Konanz|
|Kelowna Airport||Mayor Andrew Jakubeit|
|Seniors Wellness Society||Coun. Judy Sentes|
|SS Sicamous Society||Coun. Max Picton|
|Shatford Centre||Coun. Judy Sentes|
|Penticton & District Community Arts Council||Coun. Judy Sentes|
External board appointments such as the Penticton Public Library board were also finalized, including Vicky Jones and David Korinetz for two-year terms and Connie Redkamp for one year. Go to Top