Give your input on SS Sicamous area design concepts
October 13, 2015
The City of Penticton wants to hear from the marine heritage buffs, waterfront enthusiasts and everyone in between as the SS Sicamous park area design process moves forward.
“Because of the potential and opportunity in the SS Sicamous area, we invite people to provide their thoughts as the first phase design moves ahead. The master plan outlines how we can showcase many aspects of the cultural history of the Okanagan, including the SS Sicamous, the community’s marine heritage and First Nations traditional uses as well,” said Mayor Andrew Jakubeit.
The SS Sicamous Area Master Plan was adopted into the Official Community Plan in spring, incorporating the shared vision for the area based on significant consultation with the public and key stakeholders in 2014. Design of the first phase is underway to help provide information to put forward in the 2016 budget for construction. This includes design considerations for:
- Improved entrance to the park area to be more inviting to visitors
- A path and boardwalk feature for the length of the jetty into Okanagan Lake
- Limited day moorage
- Potential erosion control measures
- Choices between design themes – heritage, contemporary or existing waterfront aesthetic
- Preservation of swimming and kayak/canoe launch areas.
Survey deadline extended!
Those who were not able to attend the events in-person can review the design concepts and provide input and feedback with an online survey. Visit the project page. Complete the survey by Oct. 16!Go to Top