Unlimited Yard Waste Collection, November 11-15 & November 25-29, 2019
November 12, 2019
When preparing your yard for winter, keep in mind the upcoming unlimited yard waste collection weeks. After filling your city-issued yard waste cart, residents receiving curbside waste collection can put out unlimited paper bags or containers containing only yard waste on your regular day of collection. Please note that a separate collection truck will be scheduled to pick up your additional yard waste after the waste in your carts has been collected.
During the unlimited yard waste collection period, please:
- Place yard waste at your usual collection point by 7:00 am on your regular garbage day.
- Additional yard waste must be placed in kraft paper bags or reusable containers marked as “yard waste”. Please do not use small buckets or containers.
- Bundle branches using string or twine, and ensure the prunings are no more than three feet in length, three inches in diameter and 50 pounds in weight.
- If your additional yard waste is not collected, please leave it at your collection point as a second truck may be required to pick it up.
- Please leave a minimum of 3ft/1m of space between carts and additional yard waste.
- Yard waste contained in plastic bags will not be accepted.
- No tag-a-bag stickers are needed.
The next and final week of unlimited yard waste collection is November 25 to November 29, 2019. For more information please consult the latest Curbside Garbage & Recycling Calendar available at City Hall, City Yards, or at www.penticton.ca/yardwaste.
Community Sustainability Coordinator
City of Penticton
Go to Top