Unlimited Yard Waste Collection Postponed
March 15, 2019
With the delayed change of seasons, the first unlimited yard waste collection week will be postponed until conditions improve.
“The first unlimited yard waste collection week was scheduled for March 18-22, but it has been delayed due to the cold weather,” said Community Sustainability Coordinator, David Kassian. “Weeks of regular yard waste collection will resume as scheduled in the annual Collection Calendar.”
The revised weeks of unlimited yard waste collection will be:
- April 15 – 19, 2019, and
- April 29 – May 3, 2019
During the weeks of unlimited collection, residents with curbside waste collection in Penticton can put out an unlimited amount of yard waste after filling their City-issued cart. Please also keep in mind the following while placing yard waste out for collection:
- Place yard waste at your usual collection point by 7:00 am on your regular collection day.
- If your additional yard waste is not collected, please leave it at your collection point as a second truck may be required to pick it up.
- Yard waste contained in plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Additional yard waste must be placed in kraft paper bags or reusable containers marked as “yard waste”. Please do not use small buckets or containers.
- Bundle branches using string or twine, and ensure the prunings are no more than three feet in length, three inches in diameter and 50 pounds in weight.
- Please leave a minimum of 3ft/1m of space between carts and additional yard waste.
For more information please visit www.penticton.ca/yardwaste, or call City Yards at 250-490-2500. Want to set up an automated reminder to put your waste to the curb? Visit www.penticton.ca/garbagereminder.
Community Sustainability Coordinator
City of Penticton