Proposals sought for redevelopment of City owned downtown land
(Penticton BC – June 5, 2018) – In accordance with its Land Disposition Policy, the City of Penticton is seeking proposals outlining possible development opportunities on a parcel of City owned property at 199 Ellis Street.
“The City is seeking proposals from respondents interested in making an investment in our community to strategically contribute to Penticton’s downtown by providing infrastructure for the benefit of our community and an eventual development that helps grow our downtown core”, said Director of Development, Anthony Haddad.
Downtown Penticton is experiencing an increased level of both public and private investment in line with the vision identified in the Official Community Plan. A variety of new uses have occurred over recent years and are contributing towards increasing the level of service and vibrancy in the downtown core. Residential development has also increased, not only within the commercial core of the downtown through mixed-use developments, but within the periphery of the downtown core through a variety of residential projects.
Interested proponents are encouraged to submit proposals in accordance with the requirements of the Expression of Interest to the City with the intent of:
- Clearly outlining the offer, proposal and intended use;
- Demonstrating how their proposed development will comply with the Official Community Plan, Zoning Bylaw, Penticton Creek Master Plan and how the proposed development meets the specific points of the Assessment Criteria;
- Outlining their project’s anticipated economic impact and/or benefits to the community;
- Providing high-level concept drawings including at a minimum (1) a site plan showing the location of the development on the parcel of land and (2) a conceptual rendering of the proposed development; and
- Sharing a detailed timeline for the development to occur, including any phasing required.
For additional details, please refer to the following website - https://penticton.bonfirehub.ca/portal
Director of Development Services
City of Penticton