Detached Buildings & Structures

Are you looking to build a detached garage? Or perhaps you want to convert your garage into an office or living space? You’ve come to the right place. Building permits from the City of Penticton will be required before your project gets underway to ensure it’s built safe.

A permit is required if you will be constructing or demolishing a structure greater than 10 sq. m. or 108 sq. ft, or changing the use of a structure.  Please note that minor work in environmentally or geotechnically sensitive areas may require a review (e.g. near creeks, lakes or steep slopes).

Let's Get Started

Building Permits

Have Questions?