Penticton is the business hub of the Okanagan-Similkameen region. While we’re known for our world-class wineries and deep roots in agriculture, our sectors are diverse and imaginative. Our resilient business economy includes a solid foundation of mature, multi-generational businesses as well as start-ups and newly relocated companies.
Our vibrant waterfront city is connected, entrepreneurial and innovative. So, if you’re looking for the good life, while still making a good living, we’re here – and we’ve got room to grow.
For information about Penticton’s business climate, including economic drivers, the workforce, infrastructure and investment trends, use our free online tool, the Penticton Business Toolkit. This data is available free in a one-stop-shop to help you make knowledgeable business decisions.
- Visit our Move Here section for information about finding a home, job or school.
- Find out about Penticton business licences and permits.
- Read our 2018/19 issue of Start Here Okanagan Magazine
- Follow our Business News page for local updates and upcoming events.
- Check out our Strategic Plan.
Benefits to Doing Business in Penticton
Here are some reasons to pick Penticton:
- Penticton has entrepreneurial incentives and support programs for both online and bricks & mortar businesses.
- Travel and shipping to major markets in Canada, the U.S., and internationally is easy through the Penticton Airport, and proximity to major highway routes.
- Penticton is ideally suited to Internet-based businesses, thanks to fast and dependable communications.
- Penticton has a robust retail and hospitality trade plus an infrastructure of office supply and business support services.
- The city offers a low tax rates for business and attractive economic incentives.