Picnic-ton is now underway and running throughout summer. Registered businesses are handing out picnic packs (while supplies last) to customers who order takeout. Also, there are multiple prizes to be won! Most of all, it's about supporting our local food and drink businesses and enjoying your picnic from local parks and beaches.
Pick the Perfect Picnic Spot
Use the Picnic-ton interactive map to:
- Pick your park.
- See how many picnic benches are at each location.
- Scope out amenities including washrooms, splash pads or playgrounds.
- See the designated zoned areas where you can drink alcohol openly (until Oct. 15).
- Select a business to order your takeout food or drinks.
- 36 extra picnic tables set up at city parks in addition to the permanent tables.
- 40+ registered businesses will be handing out picnic packs for free to customers who order takeout (while supplies last).
- Program coincides with the return of Penticton’s responsible outdoor public consumption of alcohol program at designated zones along Okanagan Beach and in Okanagan Lake Park and Skaha Park (until Oct. 15, 2021).
- New interactive map plots out the location of participating restaurants and provides park information including the number of picnic tables on site and other amenities including splash pads, playgrounds and washrooms.
This campaign is created by the City's Economic Development department and supported by our community partners: Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce, the Downtown Penticton Association and Travel Penticton. This initiative follows recommendations from the COVID-19 Safe Restart Task Force to support local businesses.
Enter to Win this Prize Package from the City, DPA & Visit Penticton
Enter to Win Prizes from the Penticton Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber has 3 Prizes to Give Away!
Click on the link above to visit their Facebook page for further details or go straight to their website for the full list of prizes and ways to enter.