Picnic-ton is coming to a park near you starting Monday, May 10, and running throughout summer. This Love Local initiative aims to inspire people to order takeout from local food and drink businesses to enjoy a picnic at our amazing parks and beaches.
This campaign is created by the City's Economic Development department and supported by our community partners. Picnic-ton also pairs with the return of Penticton’s responsible outdoor public consumption of alcohol program at designated zones along Okanagan Beach and in Okanagan Lake Park and Skaha Park.
- 36 extra picnic tables set up at city parks in addition to the permanent tables.
- Registered businesses will be supplied with picnic packs to distribute for free to customers who order takeout.
- More than 40 businesses registered so far (click for registration information).
- 1 new interactive map is being created, plotting out the location of participating restaurants and provides park information including the number of picnic tables on site and other amenities including splash pads, playgrounds and washrooms.
Calling All Businesses – Register for Free
All businesses that offer a Penticton walk-up location to order takeout food or drinks, including breweries and wineries, are encouraged to register today. It’s free to take part! Simply fill out the online registration form.
How Your Business will Benefit
- Free promotion for your business, promoting takeout orders.
- Your business will be included in marketing promotions including an interactive map and social media campaign.
- Your establishment will be provided with free 'picnic packs' to distribute to customers (limited numbers; more details to be released soon).
- Picnic Penticton will be promoted through a marketing campaign as well as through partners including the Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce, Travel Penticton and the Downtown Penticton Association. As a participating restaurant, your business will be marketed throughout the community.