Picture yourself living in Penticton. Feel the sand between your toes and the laptop at your fingertips. Working remotely (also known as virtually), you'll likely have more flexibility with your working hours. Find out more about how you too can live life beyond the cubicle.
Live Here, Work Anywhere
Penticton has a robust community of virtual/remote workers (and entrepreneurs). You can work from home, a local café or at a coworking office space. With access to superfast fibre optic speeds, Penticton has the infrastructure you need to stay globally competitive.
Getting to your clients is easy, with year-round access to major highways. Our airport flies daily to Calgary and Penticton and is within a 15-minute drive from anywhere in the city.
With two lakes, 200+ wineries, a vibrant craft beer scene, Apex ski hill, mountain biking, world-class rock climbing, a mild climate and much more, Penticton is about living the lifestyle dream.
Benefits to Working Virtually
- You won't have to spend several hours each week commuting.
- You can work when you are most productive.
- You'll be able to better balance family commitments.
Look for a Job
First of all, why not ask to bring your job with you? You have established a relationship with your employer and already have in-depth knowledge of doing your job. Show how working remotely in Penticton is possible and will increase your productivity.
If that's not an option, here are some sites to look for something new. Because different companies refer to telecommuting with many different terms, when searching generic job sites, try the following key words: telecommute, virtual, “work from home,” remote, telework.
- Visit StartHereOkanagan.com - the South Okanagan's most extensive job-listings service
- Indeed.ca (key words: telecommuting or telework)
- Flexjobs.com: hand-screened telecommuting and online jobs (paid registration required)
- Upwork: matches workers to freelance jobs
- Working Nomads (digital jobs)
- Remote OK
- We Work Remotely
- Authentic Jobs
- Dribble Jobs
- Virtual Vocations
- Skip the Drive
To learn more about working virtually, visit PentictonWorks.ca.