Short-Term Rentals

A Short-Term Rental (STR), or vacation rental, is a licenced accommodation for a maximum one-month stay. This may include a room in a house, legal suite, carriage house or the entire home. It also includes Bed and Breakfasts (see below).

It’s important that STRs do not affect the comfort and enjoyment of neighbours and the surrounding community. As such, all STRs must have a business licence, adhere to zoning requirements and meet specific health and safety standards.

Apply for Your Business Licence

A business licence is required to operate a short-term rental. This is to ensure safety standards are met and to help prevent nuisances. The regulations provide guidelines to encourage property owners to host responsibly.

Step 1: Determine Your Business Licence Category

Before applying, you’ll need to determine which category best describes your business type.

Step 2: Get Ready to Apply

Bed and Breakfast Licences

Related Pages and Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

Have Questions?