The City of Penticton takes the need for affordable housing very seriously. Our Official Community Plan includes a goal to “increase housing affordability across the housing spectrum from subsidized, social housing to home-ownership options.”
Policies that will achieve this goal include:
- Working with partners such as BC Housing and non-market and market developers.
- Maximizing the housing potential of existing land.
- Supporting innovative models of affordable housing, such as modular, adaptive re-use and through technical and regulatory support.
- Continuing the efficient processing of residential development and building permits.
- Monitoring the vacation rental program to ensure short-term rentals are not having an adverse effect on rental housing.