Seasonal & Special Event Business

If your business operates seasonally or for short periods of time, you can opt for a seasonal business licence for one month or six months, or a special event licence for one-time operations. Examples of businesses that may require seasonal licenses include seasonal landscaping, snow removal, beach vending, food trucks, film crews, or seasonal rentals.

Special Event Licences

If you’re hosting a festival, weekend market or special event in the City of Penticton, please choose the Special Event selection on our PDF application. Please be sure to include the dates of your event along with your business/event description. You may submit your application in person or by emailing our business licences team.

Let's Get Started

To get started, you will need the following:

  • Know your business licence type (the answer: Seasonal Business).
  • Know your business licence category (described on the Apply for a Business Licence page).
  • Know your business address, contact information and business start date.
  • Know the number of employees within your business (including full-time, part-time and seasonal).
  • Contractors and trades: include a copy of your Trade Qualification Numbers.

How to Apply

To apply for a Seasonal Business or Special Event licence, please download the application form and submit to the City either in person or email to Sorry, the online application option is not available for seasonal businesses at this time.

Business Licence Application Form

Beach & Mobile Truck Vending

Visit our Beach & Mobile Truck Vending page for information about permits required for mobile food or beach vending operations.

Have Questions?