Welcome to the City of Penticton’s social media channels. We create helpful and informative content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. These channels are intended to serve as sources of factual information and a distribution system for City announcements, as well as a platform for respectful exchange of opinions and ideas when requested.
To ensure participants can be confident that the information they are reading is accurate, the City reserves the right to hide or delete public posts that may contain the following:
- Comments not relevant to the particular posting by the City's social media administrator.
- Slanderous or derogatory remarks, obscenities, profane language or sexual content.
- Violent, obscene, profane, hateful, threatening or racist posts, links, or images.
- Promotion of commercial services or products other than sponsors, affiliations, or business partnerships.
- Comments promoting or opposing, any person campaigning for election to a political office.
- Comments that are rude or threatening towards individual staff or members of Council.
- Promotion of illegal activity.
- Spam or irrelevant third-party links.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Comments that are based on or seek to spread inaccurate information or conclusions.
- Comments that are provided by anonymous persons.
Users who repeatedly and/or purposefully post comments that disregard these guidelines may be prevented from accessing the City’s social media pages at the discretion of the City of Penticton social media administrator.
Moderation of public comments
The role of the City’s social media administrator(s) is to answer questions, clarify information, direct individuals to appropriate resources and moderate comments in accordance with the intent of the channels. Please note: while the administrators try to respond to comments, they are not able to reply to or moderate every inquiry. As such, the public should not take comments posted on our social media channels as true or supported by the City of Penticton.
Social Media hours of operation
Our social media moderator(s) strive to respond to all posts and messages in a timely manner. City of Penticton staff monitor the accounts during the regular business hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday and occasionally outside of business hours.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding the City of Penticton's social media activity and or the City's Social Media Guidelines by emailing email@example.com.