Following a Special Council Meeting held July 23, 2020, the July 8 decision to continue to allow consumption of alcohol in designed public spaces was extended to Skaha Lake Park (west of Parkview St.), effective now through to October 15.
Residents and visitors who wish to consume alcohol in designated public spaces are again asked to observe the following conditions:
The approved locations are:
- Marina Way Park
- Okanagan Beach (east of Power St.)
- Okanagan Lake Park
- Rotary Park
- Skaha Beach
The City also reminds the public that:
- Public intoxication is not permitted.
- You must be 19 years or older to purchase and consume alcohol in B.C.
- Littering of glass, bottles or cans will result in a fine.
- Please enjoy responsibly!
Designated Areas Map - Okanagan and Skaha Lakes