How to Dispute a Ticket

The Bylaw Adjudication system allows local governments to manage most bylaw violations such as parking tickets at the local level, rather than through the Provincial Court system. Residents who receive a Bylaw Offence Notice will have the opportunity to dispute violations out of court via an independent Adjudicator who will hear all disputes.


Bylaw Enforcement Notice Bylaw No.5037

Good Neighbour Bylaw 2012-5030

About Disputing a Ticket

Those wishing to dispute Bylaw Notices must do so by completing the Dispute/Request for Adjudication section on the back of the ticket, and then submitting it into City Hall in person, by mail, or fax within 14 days of issuance.

Appeal Form


Have Questions?