Spring Unlimited Yard Waste Collection
The upcoming spring unlimited yard waste collection weeks on March 29 – April 2, and April 26 – 30. After filling your city-issued yard waste cart, residents with curbside waste collection can put out unlimited paper bags or containers of yard waste on your regular day of collection. Please keep in mind the following:
- Place yard waste at your usual collection point by 7:00 am on your regular garbage day.
- Plastic bags are not accepted, please use paper bags or large containers.
- If your additional yard waste is not collected, please leave it at your collection point as a second truck may be required to pick it up.
- Dog waste and dog waste bags are not accepted in yard waste.
Yard waste is collected bi-weekly throughout Penticton from March to December. This includes organics such as plants, grass trimmings and tree trimmings from residential dwellings. Kitchen scraps and food waste are not accepted.
Yard Waste Tips
- Place your organic yard waste loosely in the green-lid cart (paper or plastic bags not accepted).
- Consult the Collection Schedules page to see when it will be picked up.
- Put out your cart by 7 a.m. biweekly on your regular collection day.
What Goes in Your Cart?
|Grass clippings||Plastic or compostable bags|
|Leaves||Animal feces or kitty litter|
|Weeds||Dirt, sod, rocks and tree stumps|
|Plant trimmings||Kitchen or food waste|
Pruning and branches up to 5 cm (2") in diameter and less than 1 m (3ft) long.
|Tissue or paper towels|
|Pine needles and cones||Construction or renovation materials|
|Fruit droppings||Plastic plant or flower pots (recyclable)|
|Landscape fabric or plastic edging|
Seasonal Unlimited Yard Waste Collection
Are you filling up your yard waste cart? Try timing major yard work around the four unlimited yard waste collection weeks occurring twice in the spring and twice in the fall. Exact dates and details can be found in your garbage calendar.