Yard waste is collected bi-weekly throughout Penticton from March to December. Yard waste collection includes organics such as plants, grass trimmings and tree trimmings from residential dwellings. Kitchen scraps and food waste are not accepted. Remember to keep plastic bags, pet waste, tissues and garden materials including hoses and plastic pots out of your bin.
Unlimited Yard Waste Collection
The next unlimited yard waste collection will take place from November 6-10 and November 20-24, 2023. Residents with curbside waste removal can put out unlimited paper bags or containers of yard waste on your regular collection day. During this period, please:
- Place yard waste at your usual collection point by 7 a.m. on your regular garbage day.
- Use Kraft paper bags or reusable containers marked as “yard waste.”
- Bundle branches using string or twine, and ensure the prunings are no more than 3ft/1m in length, 8 cm in diameter and 50lb/23kg in weight.
- If your additional yard waste is not collected, please leave it at your collection point as a second truck may be required to pick it up.
- Please leave a minimum of 3ft/1m of space between carts and additional yard waste.
- Yard waste contained in plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Dog waste and dog waste bags, kitchen scraps and food waste are not accepted in yard waste.