Capacity building. Supporting social innovation. Championing change. Leveraging opportunities. Getting unstuck.
The City of Penticton’s Social Development Department offers supports and services for social purpose initiatives, organizations and leaders. Community and corporate work with a social purpose takes many forms, has many anticipated outcomes, and involves many different individuals, organizations, and groups. The City tries to offer flexible, responsive and impactful supports to leaders, organizations and groups working on socially impactful and innovative initiatives.
Want a service or support and don’t see it listed? Contact us! Below is just a sample of how we may be able to help.
Grants and Financial Supports
Planning and Facilitation Supports
Supports for Resident-Led Initiatives
Physical Social Infrastructure
Examples of Previous Initiatives
This is a small sample of initiatives that Social Development has previously supported:
- Analyzed data and edited/reviewed the application document for a capital grant application that a not-for-profit organization was submitting to another order of government,
- Co-developed a concept of a program to submit to a grant opportunity,
- Co-facilitated a workshop-style meeting to support a group in making a difficult decision,
- Facilitated relationship building between a land owner and not-for-profit housing developer,
- Mentored a resident to mobilize their community idea they had been thinking about for a year but were unsure about who to turn to for support and how to get going on their idea,
- Shared a practicum student with a not-for-profit organization, and
- Provided grants for youth to attend a national workshop.
We want to hear from you! The above is just a starting point. If you are looking for support, capacity building opportunities, or support with making a social impact in your organization or the community, and it is not listed above, please contact Social Development. We are happy to discuss and explore how we can best support you. Please note that while we try to say yes to every request, there are certain times of years where we may have limited capacity. Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your opportunity so there is a higher likelihood we can support you.
Phone: 250-490-2512, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.