City Hall is now reopen to the public Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. However, residents are asked to consider using online or phone options first. Contact information for commonly requested departments are listed below.
New safety protocols at City Hall include instructional signage, social distancing floor decaling, enhanced cleaning measures and hand sanitizing stations.
Do you want to pay by cash or cheque? Your payment can also be deposited into the designated drop box near the front entrance of City Hall (be sure to include a ticket / bill stub).
How to Contact Us
Contact City Hall
- Penticton City Hall has reopened to the public Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- All questions you would ask in person can also be asked over the phone (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) by calling 250-490-2400 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Report an issue or make a suggestion
Homeowners and developers are asked to arrange an appointment for items that require in-person discussions or transactions. Email: email@example.com.
You can also review this chart for more contact information. We strongly recommend arranging a pre-application meeting to speak with staff before applying. This can prevent any potential issues or delays.
General questions involving Planning or Building permits Apply for a Building Permit Apply for a Planning application
- Book your pre-application meeting to walk through your project with City staff.
- Development applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete application packages will be processed.
- If you’re unsure about whether your application submission is complete, please give us a call (250-490-2501) and we'll review it with you over the telephone. Acknowledgement of receipt will be provided by email.
Submit road closure applications Book a building inspection
- Plan review and inspections are still being conducted pending confirmation of the building official. Please call 250-490-2511 or book through MyCity.
Request a property file search Track building permits or make payments
- Use MyCity to monitor track building permits, book building permit inspections and make some payments.
General questions or applications
- Phone 250-490-2488 or email email@example.com
Amend or cancel a business licence
- These changes can be made by logging on to your your MyCity account
Pay for a business licence
- Email applications or changes of information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the new Bylaw Office
- Residents can drop by the new Bylaw Office at #101 – 284 Main Street between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m., Monday to Friday. Call 250-490-2440.
Report an issue or make a suggestion Pay bylaw tickets online
- Online payments are available through Online Payments with a credit card.
Pay your property taxes
- Pay through your bank online or by telephone
- Email email@example.com or call 250-490-2485 to set up pre-authorized payments
Pay for a dog licence
- Pay through MyPayments with a credit card
Pay my utility bill
Pay parking or bylaw tickets
- Pay through Online Payments with a credit card
Residents are asked to use online or by phone options first. Appointments are recommended to avoid a trip to the Yards office when a staff person is not available.
Yards staff are happy to assist between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m., Monday to Friday. Call 250-490-2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report an issue or make a suggestion
Deliveries are still being accepted at the Yards Building between 7:30 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.
The Penticton Community Centre is open for Fitness Room and Pool bookings between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Reception Staff Availability
- Remotely available 8:00 a.m. to 8:15 p.m., 8:45 a.m. Monday to Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Saturday to Sunday.
- In person available 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, unavailable Saturday and Sunday.
- Contact the Penticton Community Centre by phoning 250-490-2426 or emailing email@example.com.
Residents are asked to use online or by phone options first. Where this is not possible, the Utilities Department is happy to assist at City Hall between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Residents are advised that longer wait times for in person transactions are anticipated. Call 250-490-2489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other options to pay your utility bill
City Hall Reopens to the Public
Penticton’s Emergency Operation Centre is actively working on plans to safely ‘restart’ City facilities. This will take place using a phased approach following provincial health guidelines.
Visit the Restart the City guide for the latest updates.