The City of Penticton takes it responsibility for safety seriously. Permits is an important step to ensure the safety of your family and guests, protect the investment of your property for yourself and future owners, and adhere to local regulations and code.
How do I apply for my permit?
While City Hall is closed to the public, you can submit by email or drop off building applications for City of Penticton Permits (building, mechanical, plumbing). Whichever method you use, ensure that your application has all required forms, drawings, manufactures specifications etc. listed on the permit type checklist.
- Hard copies? You can leave at the drop box at City Hall – to the right of the main entrance doors (171 Main St., Penticton). Make sure your address, name, and contact information are on all documents.
- Emailing? Send all applications, forms, and supportive documents in the checklist (drawings, manufacturers specifications, Schedule Bs, etc.) to email@example.com . If you have a large submittal, please contact staff for submittal options.
Online Permit Process
- Select the appropriate permit application form.
- Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org - include civic address in subject line.
- We'll contact you when your permit has been entered and outline the next steps. Staff will also be in contact if any information is missing or if clarification is needed.
- We'll contact you to inform you that your permit is ready for release upon payment of fees (if applicable).
Residential Renovation Permit COVID-19 Relief Fee Waiver
On April 24, 2020 Council passed a resolution that permit fees for homeowner residential renovation permits of construction value up to $100,000 are waived until October 1, 2020. See Relief Fee Waiver guide for more information.