Interested in helping preserve artifacts, share your passion for history, or are you just curious about museum work in general? The Penticton Museum offers many opportunities to get involved through volunteering in a wide range of capacities.
The Penticton Museum & Archives relies heavily on its excellent network of dedicated volunteers, and we are always happy to have more help. Some volunteer opportunities at the museum include:
- Front Desk Reception
- Welcome visitors to the museum and provide information on special events, exhibits, and other museum resources.
- Direct visitor enquiries to staff members
- Educational Program Interpreter
- Work as a part of a team with the education coordinator and other museum interpreters to deliver interactive programs on various themes for visiting school and tour groups
- Archival Assistant
- Volunteer positions in the Archives are currently full. Thank you for your understanding.
- Assist with the documentation and preservation of photographs and documents. Help locate information for researchers
- Hands-on Heritage Lab Volunteer
- Assist and guide the child and adult visitors as they explore the Hands-on Heritage Lab
The time commitment for volunteers is usually one 3 or 4-hour shift per week, although this is open to personal preference. Volunteers are required to complete the volunteer application, take part in an interview, and complete an RCMP Criminal Record Check. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact us for more information and an application form.