Imagine a backdrop of rolling hillsides, lush vineyards and sparkling lakes as you say, “I do.” Some of our most popular public spaces – including City parks and gardens – are available to rent. Start here for information about how to start planning for your special day.
General Wedding Information
Wedding ceremonies are booked starting January 15, for the current year only. Applications are accepted ahead of this date, but can’t be booked or confirmed until January 15. Applications received ahead of time will be looked at in chronological order, from the earliest date of submission.
- Bookings are taken on a first-come, first-served basis
- Park bookings are for ceremonies only; receptions are not permitted
- The City does not book weddings on beaches, however, beaches are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The park rental is four hours, including the setup and takedown time. Additional hours are available at $48.50 per hour.
A Wedding License to Use contract is created by the Event Coordinator upon the approval of date in your Park Wedding Application Form.
A Wedding License to Use contract is required to hold an outdoor wedding ceremony in Penticton’s parks. The License to Use Contract secures a location for your use on your special day. The applicant is responsible to comply with all items outlined in the License to Use Agreement.
The contract allows for the following to be set up at the applicants’ cost:
- Chairs and/or tables (must have rounded bottoms)
- Two 10’X10’ tents. All tents must be weighted down; no spikes are permitted; no tying to trees
- Acoustic music
- Minimal floral decoration
- Small archway
- Biodegradable confetti only
- Additional onsite equipment or structures requires approval from the City and must be included on the Wedding Ceremony Application form.
Considerations for “special conditions” requests:
- Alternate location
- Access to electrical/power pedestals ($100 key deposit required)
- Alcohol served on site
- Tents that are larger than 10’X10’ or more than two tents
- Picnic table, garbage/recycling can, and sign rental (fees and deposits are applicable)
*Please list all requests for special conditions on the Wedding Ceremony Application Form.
Before granting a Licence to Use contract, the Applicant shall obtain and maintain comprehensive general liability on terms satisfactory to the City.
- The City of Penticton shall be included as an “Additional Insured” on any event organizer or event host Commercial General Liability policy.
- Such policy shall be written on a comprehensive basis with inclusive limits of not less than $3 million per occurrence and $5 million aggregate.
- The policy shall contain a clause providing that the insurer will give the City thirty (30) days prior written notice in the event of cancellation or material change.
- The event organizer or event host shall provide the City with evidence of such insurance coverage in the form of an executed copy of a Certificate of Insurance to the City ten (10) days prior to the granting of a License to Use contract.
Please refer to the City of Penticton’s Insurance Requirements for more information.
Deposits and Fees
- Security damage deposit: $100 payable at the time of booking. This is refundable post-event, subject to no damages incurred.
- Electrical key deposit (optional): $100 due at the time of booking for access to electrical/power pedestal. This is refundable post-event, subject to the key being returned and no damages incurred.
- Processing fee: $30 (plus GST) payable at the time of booking to confirm the rental (non-refundable)
- Park rental fee: $243.80 (plus GST). This fee includes four hours of park rental time, including set-up and take-down time. Additional hours are available at $48.50 per hour.
- Insurance is required and can be purchased online or with an insurance provider of your choice. Rates are based on the number of attendees and generally range from $20 to $50.
* Full payment is due at the time of finalization of the contract. Deposits will be refunded accordingly.
Outdoor Wedding Venues
Penticton’s beautiful Rose Garden is located on Lakeshore Drive, next to the SS Sicamous. Boasting a variety of roses that blooms from June to October. This is one of Penticton’s highly sought-after wedding venues.
The Penticton Rose Garden features:
- 0.5 acre
- Limited power (2 plugins)
Accessed from Middle Bench Road, Munson Mountain is an ecologically sensitive area featuring beautiful views of Okanagan Lake.
The area of Munson Mountain features:
- 40 acres
- Beautiful views of Okanagan Lake
- Ideal for small weddings contained to the paths and gazebo
- Visit the iconic Penticton sign, see it up close and take some great pictures
*Please note, there is no power access at this venue.
Located in Skaha Lake Park, the Skaha Pavilion is a beautiful location for your wedding ceremony.
Featuring a gorgeous pavilion, this park also offers:
- 0.75 acre
- Power and potable water are available
- Beach view
Applications and Forms
The Park Wedding Ceremony Application and supporting documents are available to fill out online or to download. It's a good idea to save your application because some computers may not accept fillable online forms. You can then save the document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.