Cue smiles as your children swing, slide, climb and crawl their way to a fun afternoon. This page has everything you need to know about our local playgrounds.
Explore Your Playground Options
Seasonal splash pads can be found at the following locations:
- Rotary Playworld (at Skaha Park, corner of Cypress Street and Elm Avenue)
- Lakawanna Park, located across from Okanagan Beach, at 796 Lakeshore Drive West.
Enjoy the many benefits that outdoor playgrounds provide. City of Penticton’s playgrounds are designed, constructed, inspected and maintained to meet CSA safety standards. Although built to be safe, there is an inherent risk when children challenge their abilities on playground equipment.
Tips for caregivers of children using play equipment:
- Assess the conditions of the park when you arrive: Is it slippery or icy, are any of the equipment broken, are there broken glass or other hazards present? Please report any problems or concerns to the Parks Department (250-490-2500 or email@example.com).
- Recognize age appropriateness. Playground structures are designed for two categories: Ages 18 months to 5 years old; and ages 5-12. Toddlers may be thrilled at the challenge of trying the “big kids’” equipment, but please recognize the risks involved.
- Ensure proper use of play equipment: play as it was designed to be used.
- Remove any drawstrings on hoodies or jackets.
- Dogs must stay on the outside of fenced play areas or kept a minimum of 10 metres away from unfenced playgrounds.