The City assigns addresses under Civic Addressing and Street Naming Bylaw 2018-51 (Bylaw 2018-51) and follows Administrative Guidelines for Assigning Civic Addresses.

A property, building, or unit will be assigned an address through property redevelopment at the time of subdivision or building permit issuance.

If a proposed development requires an address change (i.e. a new home is being constructed on a corner lot and the front orientation of the new home will face a different street than what is currently addressed), it is recommended that this is considered prior to building permit submission.  Please contact