Penticton profile & opportunities
Penticton's Economic Development Office provides information and services to help businesses invest and grow in our city. We promot economic development by attracting new investment and business, supporting and assisting existing businesses and enhancing Penticton's business climate.
Whether you are starting out, expanding or relocating, we are dedicated to helping you with:
- information and statistics
- site selection
- business and community contacts
- government approvals
- economic incentives
- navigating the city
Let us be your first point of contact for business and investment in Penticton.
Here is some basic market information about Penticton and the South Okanagan trade area:
- Economic Development profile [PDF - 3 MB]
- Penticton market profile - Small Business BC [PDF - 482 KB]
- Guide to Business in Penticton [PDF - 3 MB]
- Labour market information [PDF - 233 KB]
- Colliers' Downtown Penticton Growth Analysis Report [PDF - 8.2 MB]
- Labour Market Research and Action Plan 2016 [PDF - 4.7 MB] or read the summary document here [PDF - 2.5 MB]
- Start Here Okanagan Penticton & Area Magazine 2017 Edition [PDF - 12.1 MB]
Need more? We are happy to help. Contact us today.
Looking to Relocate or to Hire?
The City of Penticton is proud to be the driving force behind StartHereOkanagan.com a one-stop portal for jobs and information related to moving to the South Okanagan. Free for employers to post open positions and job seekers to view, the platform uses powerful marketing approaches to get jobs in front of people who are a fit for the South Okanagan lifestyle.
We can help you welcome your new employees! Contact our office for us to build welcome packages to help your newest team members get to know the community as efficianetly as possible.
Our Just Moved! [PDF - 737 KB] checklist is a very handy reference for anyone new to the community.
Penticton offers economic incentives to help reduce the costs of building or renovating in Downtown Penticton and the industrial area.
- Downtown - small investments [PDF - 225 KB]
- Downtown - large investments [PDF - 230 KB]
- Industrial Area [PDF - 217 KB]
Have questions or interested in applying? We are happy to help. Contact us today.