Recreation, parks and active life
Recreation and living an active life a-re important elements of Penticton's superb quality of life. Whether you prefer outdoor adventure, passive exploration or excellent fitness and aquatic facilities, Penticton has it all.
The City of Penticton's Community Centre believes in the power of play!
If you're new to Penticton, visit us at 325 Power St
and check out our recently updated Penticton Community Centre. It is the place to be for swimming, fitness and programs for families and active living. View our Recreation Guide to see all of the wonderful programs that we have to offer. Once you're ready to register, visit our Registration page to register online, or get contact information for in-person and telephone registration.
For complete information on hours, schedules, programs and admission fees go to Schedules and Programs. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 250-490-2426.
Parks, beaches and trails
Many of Penticton's parks offer a variety of features and amenities, guaranteeing that you will find something to appeal to you - whether it is outdoor recreation, swimming, suntanning, running through the sprinkers, or just laying on the grass.
Sun seekers can enjoy miles of warm, sandy beaches while water sport enthusiasts will find their every need catered to. Paved walkways and cycle paths along Okanagan and Skaha beaches, or the Kettle Valley Railway pathway, attract joggers, cyclists and hikers. Lush parks, golf courses and tennis courts provide endless hours of outdoor fun.
Trip Advisor recently voted Okanagan beaches as the #2 best beaches in Canada. The City of Penticton maintains seven beaches for the public's enjoyment. Visit our Beaches section to browse through these gorgeous sandy paradises.
The City of Penticton offers a Gifting Program, allowing you to donate items for City Parks, including a commemorative plaque. For full details, visit our Gifting Program.
Browse through our area parks, trails, and beaches using the navigation on the left - you will be surprised at just how many parks, beaches, and trails are located within Penticton!
Outdoor events and weddings
Some of our most popular parks for festivals and events include Gyro Park, Okanagan Lake Park and Skaha Lake Park. Both Skaha Lake Park and the Rose Garden are popular venues for breathtaking outdoor wedding locations.
- Park bookings: Visit the Outdoor Events page or contact our Recreation Coordinator, Shelie, at 250-490-2437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outdoor wedding ceremony: Download the Wedding Rental Application Form.
Propane or briquette barbecues are permitted in most City parks and beaches providing:
- Only for the purpose of food preparation;
- No Open fires/flames are allowed in any park or beach, except in designated firepits
- Avoid damage-do not place hot barbecues on plastic picnic tables or benches;
- Do not dispose of hot briquettes/embers in garbage cans or in any park location.
- Due to fire hazards barbecues are not permitted in parks with natural dry grass areas including Munson Mountain, Esplanade, Wiltse Nature Park, KVR Trail, etc.
For additional information regarding open burning and outdoor fireplaces please contact the Penticton Fire Department 250-490-2311.More Information