The City of Penticton's Community Centre believes in the power of play!
Visit us at 325 Power St or call 250-490-2426
For program and facility updates follow Recreation Penticton on Facebook.
We tweet too! Check out our Twitter handle @pentictonrec.
Please click the following links for more information:
Summer Pool Shutdown Information
2016 Pool Shut Down Dates: Saturday July 30 – Sunday September 11
Penticton Community Centre Operational Hours during Pool Shut Down:
Mon-Fri 6:00 am – 7:00 pm (pool closed)
Sat-Sun 8:30 am – 12:00 noon (pool closed)
STATS Closed (Aug 1, Sept 5)
*Fitness Room is open and programs as per the Recreation Guide are running.
Summer Pool Shutdown F.A.Q.
Why is the pool shut down for 6 weeks rather than the typical 3 weeks?
- Additional maintenance time is required to reinforce the hot tub drains (similar work that was done to the Leisure Pool drains last Fall) and to inspect and do any required repair work on the Main Pool drains.
What is being done?
- The existing fibreglass drains will be taken out and new drains made of concrete will be installed.
Why does this work need to be done?
- This is precautionary work that is being undertaken during normal pool down time to avoid a possible leakage failure during peak times.
Weren’t other solutions available?
- All remediation options were thoroughly investigated to ensure the best solution for the Community Centre.
How much will this cost taxpayers?
- The work will be completed by the original pool design and construction team at no cost to the City.
Who is doing the work?
- The original contractors have been called in to complete the work.
Wasn’t the pool just built – shouldn’t this be fixed?
- The problem was not discovered until after the pool was completed and it is being fixed at no cost to the City and with the least possible inconvenience to the public.
What about the Fitness Room?
- The Fitness Room remains open and ready to serve customers (see hours listed above or schedule posted below).
I have a year-long/monthly pass for the pool. What are you going to do for me?
- Pro-rated refunds or credits on accounts are available.
Recreation Penticton is currently seeking independent contractor to fill the following role(s):
Child Minding Leader. Child Minding Leaders are responsible for supervising 0-5 years old in our childminding room. They arrange a safe, fun and engaging play space and plan age-appropriate daily crafts and activities. Click below for official job posting and details on how to apply:
The Latest News and Events from Recreation Penticton:
We've Gone Social!
We'll post fit-tips, contests and late-breaking news from the Recreation Department and our tweets will be handled by some of your favourite recreation staffers.
The Recreation E-News has the latest news and program information about what we do and offer. Do you want to subscribe? Email us to add your name to our mailing list.
Check out our E-New Archive here:
Go to Top