Current Fire Danger Rating:
For more information about the wildland/fire danger rating, check out the BC Fire Danger webpage. If you notice smoke or fire in any wildland area or urban park, call *5555, the BC Wildfire Service, or 911. Also visit Fire Smart Canada for tips on how to stay fire smart during the wildfire season.
Penticton Fire Department
The Fire Department provides a wide range of services to our community, including fire suppression, pre-hospital medical emergencies, motor vehicle incidents, industrial accidents, and all types of specialized and technical rescues. The Penticton Fire Department has 37 career members and 41 auxiliary members and are proud to provide these services to the public.
Penticton Fire Department also provides inspection and investigation services, ensuring proper equipment and procedures are in place through education and code compliance and enforcement. Investigations are conducted to better understand a fires cause and determine how similar situations can be prevented.
The Department also offers public education services, helping children, adults, business, and industry to become more aware of fire and life safety issues, preventative measures, and appropriate emergency responses.
Penticton Fire Department has been proudly serving our community since 1911, and works hard to provide excellent services to Penticton and the Regional District.
The Penticton Fire Department is a composite department with both career and auxiliary members working to provide emergency services to the community. We work out of two fire halls:
- Fire Hall #201 is located in the downtown core at 250 Nanaimo Avenue West
- Fire Hall #202 is located in Penticton's industrial area at 285 Dawson Avenue
The Fire Prevention Branch is responsible for:
- The inspection of buildings, processes, equipment, systems, and other fire and related life safety situations
- The investigation of fires, explosions, hazardous materials incidents, and other related emergency incidents handled by the fire department
- The review of construction plans, drawings, and specifications for life safety systems, fire protection systems, access, water supplies, processes, and hazardous materials and other fire and life safety issues
- The fire and life safety education
- The storage, use, processing, handling, and on-site transportation of hazardous materials
- The design, alteration, modification, construction, maintenance, and testing of fire protection systems and equipment
- Hazards from outside fires in vegetation, trash, building debris, and other materials
- The regulation and control of special events such as exhibits, trade shows, amusement parks, and other similar special occupancies
- The interior finish, decorations, furnishings, and other combustibles that contribute to fire spread, fire load, and smoke production
The Penticton Fire Department welcomes the community to touch base with questions or for information:
250 Nanaimo Ave. West
Penticton, BC V2A 1N5
250 Nanaimo Avenue West
Penticton, BC V2A 1N5
285 Dawson Avenue
Penticton, BC V2A 3N4