Adopt A Park Program
The City of Penticton invites individuals, organizations or service groups to register and perform volunteer light duty maintenance tasks within City-owned parks and green spaces.
How to Adopt a Park in 5 easy steps:
- Review our Information package to decide which activities are right for you and your group.
- Fill out the Registration Form and Waiver and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Patiently wait for your application to be approved by the Penticton Parks Department.
- Schedule an orientation session with a Parks staff member to discuss expectations and ensure safe practice while volunteering.
- Enjoy volunteering in your adopted park!
- After 1 year: Renew your adoption or resign your volunteer duties.
- Information Package [PDF - 737 KB]
- Registration Form [PDF - 224 KB]
- Waiver of Liability & Volunteer Agreement [PDF - 504 KB]
- Special Project Application [PDF - 204 KB]
- Volunteer Log [PDF - 96 KB]
What our volunteers have to say:
“We always get such great recognition on Facebook and from passersby. It’s great for team building! A wonderful way to feel great about your community.” –Starbucks Industrial Volunteer Team.
“We enjoy giving back to our community!” – Penticton and District Society for Community Living