Live in Penticton, work around the world. Today’s tech professionals are living the dream lifestyle in this Okanagan city, and doing business worldwide. So if you’re interested in working with cutting-edge technologies, while living the ultimate work-life balance, your job search starts here.
- Do a search for local tech companies, which includes Winward Software, XCO Tech, NetDNA Services and more.
- Some major local employers include:
- View the Accelerate Okanagan job board
- Set up job alerts on your LinkedIn.com account
- Classified job listings on Castanet.com
- Local Facebook groups, including the "Hiring Penticton" group
- Register with the local WorkBC Employment Services Centre, which provides information, services, programs and support during your job search
Penticton is attracting some of the country’s brightest entrepreneurs, remote workers, professionals and new businesses. It's a place where big ideas turn into big opportunities.
Visit or Remote Working page for details about local coworking office spaces, tips about how to build connections and more!
For support for entrepreneurs, be sure to visit the Accelerate Okanagan webpage and consider joining as a member.
Living in Penticton
These links may provide inspiration:
- Find a home
- These are the new housing projects being built or planned in Penticton right now
- Move Here webpage (download your 'Just Moved' Checklist)
- View our Penticton is Growing webpage to see which housing developments are in the works
- Learn about the North Gateway development project
- 88+ wineries within just 20 minutes
- 7 craft breweries, named the craft beer capital of Canada, according to Lonely Planet
- #1! Home to the best beach in Canada (Skaha), according to Chatelaine Magazine
- 7 public beaches stretching 5 km along two lakes
- 10 minutes’ drive from one side of the city to the other
- 0 traffic jams
- One of just two cities in the world situated between two lakes (Skaha and Okanagan)
- 4-season playground to swim, boat, bike, hike, golf, rock climb, snowshoe and ski (Apex Mountain Resort for downhill, Nickel Plate Nordic Centre for cross country and snowshoeing)
- 120 km of spectacular hiking and biking on the famed Kettle Valley Rail Trail
- 2,100 hours of sunshine annually
- 30C is the average temperature in summer
- Live events each year at Penticton’s 5,000-seat South Okanagan Event Centre
- One of the largest outdoor farmers’ and community markets in Canada