Learn tips about how to protect your family, home, property and business. Also, visit our Community Programs page for a list of programs available throughout the Penticton area.
By taking some simple steps around your home, you can help keep your home secure. This includes:
- Lock your doors and windows when you leave your home.
- Do not keep ladders or tools on the outside of your home. They can be used to gain entry.
- Always keep your vehicle locked, even if it’s parked in your driveway.
- Keep your vacation plans off social networks like Facebook.
- Get to know your neighbours.
- Join or start a Block Watch group.
- Record serial numbers, keep a log and take pictures of your valuables.
- Avoid leaving anything of value in parked vehicles.
Project 529: Prevent Bike Theft
Register your bicycle for free with Project 529, the bike registration program, operated in partnership with Penticton RCMP. You can register your bike for free in less than five minutes at www.project529.com or download the 529 Garage smartphone app. Pick up your decals at the Penticton RCMP Detachment or City of Penticton Bylaw Services for free.
Read more safety tips on the B.C. RCMP’s website.
Community Policing is Here to Help
Did you know that you can contact the Community Policing Office to request an on-site assessment of your property or business? Visit the See Something Say Something page for useful security tips and further details.