Competitive wages. Health benefits. Life insurance. Apprenticeship opportunities. Room for growth.
Here in Penticton, you can have all this, and more. Why not live in a place where your average commute is 16 minutes? Where you have more 'me time' and less pressure to pay the bills? Where you have easy access to beaches, ski hills, wineries, craft breweries and world-class trail networks?
'Made in Penticton' products are being shipped around the world. And they need people like you to help grow their businesses. This page provides a snapshot of some of the major manufacturing and industrial employers here in Penticton, many of which are actively hiring year-round.
- Set up job alerts on your LinkedIn.com account
- Classified job listings on Castanet.com
- Local Facebook groups, including the "Hiring Penticton" group
- Register with the local WorkBC Employment Services Centre, which provides information, services, programs and support during your job search
- Also, click the drop-down link below for a list of major local employers, many of which are actively hiring
Here is a list of some of Penticton’s biggest manufacturing businesses. To search for jobs with these employers, you can try contacting them directly or watch for news updates on job search websites like Indeed.com.
Barry Beecroft Fuel Distributors
Beecroft Fuels is your locally owned and operated source for bulk fuels, lubricants, filters, tanks, fittings and industrial accessories. bbfd.ca
Berry & Smith Trucking
This local transportation company, which has been in business for 67 years, is looking to hire school and transit bus drivers to work out of its Penticton office. berryandsmith.com
Brutus Truck Bodies
Brutus Truck Bodies are designed for the harsh forestry, construction, mining and oilfield sectors of the rugged Canadian environment. brutusbodies.com
Manufacturing factory-built housing and other structures, which are sold throughout Canada. modulinepenticton.com
Nor-Mar Crane Services
This company supplies service truck equipment including hydraulic welders and AC generators, hydraulic compressors, underhood compressors, drawer assembly systems and double walled slip tanks designed for transport of dangerous goods such as gasoline, diesel and oil. normarcranes.com
The Foundry creates, among other things, ductile iron castings and high chrome white iron castings for clients across North America. The company delivers custom work and offers a full-service foundry. pentictonfoundry.com
Peerless designs and manufactures highly specialized trailers for a variety of industries including oil and gas, forestry, construction, super hauling, and mining. peerless.ca
Slimline Manufacturing Ltd.
Slimline produces world-class, premium agricultural sprayers and evaporation systems that are shipped around the world, used on forms, for road safety, mining, municipal and food processing applications, to list a few. slimlinemfg.com
Structurlam engineered timber components are shipped worldwide, used in striking wood structures around the world. structurlam.com
From steel plate to finished product, Waycon specializes in designing, engineering and supplying industrial equipment for both domestic and international clients. Their 33,400 sq. ft. facility features advanced engineering software and state-of-the-art equipment. wayconmfg.com
More to Try
Berdick Windows & Doors
Specializes in manufacturing and supplying interior and exterior doors, glass, skylights and hardware. berdickwindows.com
Specializes in stainless steel products, including food processing equipment serving wineries, breweries, pharmaceutical, chemical and dairies. bironconstruction.com
Specializes in tungsten carbide components required for the oil and gas industry, mining, water well and geothermal drilling, forest industry, agriculture, precision manufacturing and other applications. casmetcarbide.com
IMG specializes in the design and manufacture of various electrical products and equipment used in industrial applications such as mining, large-scale construction, oil & gas equipment. imgindustries.com
Kieson Fabrication and Machine
In-house design of fabricated and machined products for businesses and homes. kiesonfab.com
Providing a single source for all industrial equipment needs, from engineering and consulting services to spare part manufacturing. kineticmanufacturing.com
Okanagan Label & Print Ltd.
Printing labels for wine, spirit bottles and cigars. oklp.ca
Outdoor Living Today
This company designs and creates gazebos, sheds, playhouses and pergolas that are functional, durable and attractive. ca.outdoorlivingtoday.com
This local company specializes in truck body transformations. Its TruckTransformer product is designed for medium-duty work trucks and allows you to easily swap between detachable truck bodies, load equipment, containers and more. trucktransformer.com
Six West Welding and Fabrication
Penticton-based welding and fabricating company. facebook.com/sixwestweldfab
Metal fabrication, welding and design. talonfabricators.ca
Westland RV Manufacturing
Manufactures lightweight truck campers, which are sold throughout Canada and shipped worldwide. westlandrv.ca
Windows, Doors & Cabinets Companies
- Berdick Windows and Doors
- Ellis Creek Kitchens & Baths
- First Choice Window & Door Centre
- C Dor-gen Custom Countertops
- Clever Cabinets
- Creative Millwork
- Innovation Kitchens
- Modern Millwork
If your business or employer is not on this list of manufacturing businesses above, and you would like to be included, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Penticton’s industrial businesses are searching far and wide for skilled workers. Click the link below for a snapshot of some of the jobs available right now within manufacturing, industrial and transportation.
Penticton Industrial Development Association
PIDA represents the interests of industrial businesses in Penticton. They are a sounding board for business owners to address issues and concerns, and they advocate to the City of Penticton to improve the economic climate.
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Provides safety training and advisory services for manufacturers, food processors, wineries, breweries and distilleries.
South Okanagan Immigrant and Community Services (SOICS)
SOICS is a one-stop-shop that works together with immigrants to help them get settled, find careers and learn all they need to know about starting their new lives in Canada—including business services and information about foreign direct investment.
WorkBC Employment Services Centres serve local businesses by providing key labour force information and recruitment services, including free job postings for employers. Our local WorkBC Centre is found at 50 Calgary Avenue, Penticton.
Visit the following websites for information about subsidies and training opportunities that may be suitable for you.
- Community Futures Okanagan Similkameen
- Government of Canada – Support for Apprentices
- Province of British Columbia – Jobs & Career Training Resources
- Certified International Trade Professional Training
- Federal Government Grants and Contributions
- Service Canada
- Skilled Trades Employment Program (STEP)
- Trades Training BC
- Training Tax Credit
- Work Sharing Program for Employers
Living in Penticton
These links may provide inspiration:
- Find a home
- These are the new housing projects being built or planned in Penticton right now
- Move Here webpage (download your 'Just Moved' Checklist)
- View our Penticton is Growing webpage to see which housing developments are in the works
- Learn about the North Gateway development project
- 88+ wineries within just 20 minutes
- 8 craft breweries, named the craft beer capital of Canada, according to Lonely Planet
- #1! Home to the best beach in Canada (Skaha), according to Chatelaine Magazine
- 7 public beaches stretching 5 km along two lakes
- 10 minutes’ drive from one side of the city to the other
- 0 traffic jams
- One of just two cities in the world situated between two lakes (Skaha and Okanagan)
- 4-season playground to swim, boat, bike, hike, golf, rock climb, snowshoe and ski (Apex Mountain Resort for downhill, Nickel Plate Nordic Centre for cross country and snowshoeing)
- 120 km of spectacular hiking and biking on the famed Kettle Valley Rail Trail
- 2,100 hours of sunshine annually
- 30C is the average temperature in summer
- Live events each year at Penticton’s 5,000-seat South Okanagan Event Centre
- One of the largest outdoor farmers’ and community markets in Canada