Penticton’s trail network will take you on some wild adventures. Think stellar lake and vineyard views. Ride or walk the famed Kettle Valley Railway (KVR) Trail. Hike to the top of Munson Mountain for panoramic views. Get your thrills on the Three Blind Mice mountain biking trails.
You can use this Penticton Google Map to plot your journey. Here are some of the local highlights.
KVR / Trans Canada Trail
The KVR Trail, which is part of the Trans Canada Trail, follows the route of the former Kettle Valley Railway along Okanagan Lake. This decommissioned railroad has been repurposed as recreational trails and is very popular among walkers, runners, cyclists and sightseers.
You’ll explore trestles and tunnels while passing through varied landscapes with rich cultural and historic artifacts. It even leads you past wineries for some sampling pit-stops. View our map to see the route.
Munson Mountain is famous for its iconic PENTICTON sign. You can climb to a summit viewpoint, offering panoramic views above Penticton and Okanagan Lake. Read more about the hike and about the sign’s fascinating history.
Biking Trails and Routes
Road cyclists have their choice of hundreds of kilometres of urban paths and bike lanes, plus winding country roads running through orchards and vineyards. This area has attracted professionals who have world credentials, intense iron-distance competitors and everyday people who enjoy our trails by bike year-round.
Visit the Biking page for information involving local resources and cycling groups.
Explore Your Options
Trail Routes and Maps
You can start by viewing this map of Penticton’s parks.
- Bike Okanagan: An online resource for Okanagan mountain bike trails and bike repair shops.
- Sweet Single Track – South Okanagan Trail Guide: This site has links to over 100 trails in the South Okanagan, including downloadable GPS and Google Earth files (maps, images and trail descriptions). It’s also available in print – at Tourism Penticton and several local businesses.
- Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen: Cycling network trails and interactive maps.
- Strava: This tool is used by cyclists and runners to track their achievements using GPS recordings. After free sign-up, click on the "Explore" tab at the top of the page, enter Penticton BC into the Search area and access several GPS-recorded road or mountain biking routes uploaded by fellow riders.
- Tourism Penticton: A variety of maps are available to pick up at the Penticton Visitor Centre.
- Trailforks: Online biking trail database and maps.