Welcome to Penticton! Well known for our vibrant wine industry and warm sunny weather, Penticton is the perfect four-season playground for visitors of all ages looking to get out in nature and experience world-class hospitality.
Go to Visit Penticton's website or stop in to the Visitor Centre to explore your accommodation options, places to find food & drink, upcoming events and recommended activities.
Top 10 Things to Do
Here are 10 must-try things to do in Penticton, according to Visit Penticton. And this is just getting started!
- Float the 7 km ‘Channel’ between Okanagan and Skaha Lake.
- Bike, hike, run or ride a horse on the Kettle Valley Railway.
- Tour and taste at many of the 80+ wineries within 20 minutes of the city.
- A lot of good beer goes into making fine wine! Penticton is home to 8 craft breweries!
- Enjoyed by locals and visitors alike, Saturday mornings are typically spent visiting the Penticton Farmers' Market on the 100 block of Main Street (May to October).
- Relax on one of our beautiful beaches and take a dip in our freshwater lakes.
- Get vertical at Skaha Bluffs Provincial Park, home to world-class sport climbing destination
- Attend one of our many events and festivals (stay tuned).
- Pick fresh fruit at a local orchard.
- Shop like a local at the numerous retail outlets and boutique stores around the city.
Did You Know?
- More than 30 years ago, Penticton became the birthplace of IRONMAN Canada. In 2022, IRONMAN is coming home!
- Penticton is one of only two cities in the world situated between two lakes: Okanagan Lake to the north and Skaha Lake to the south.
Penticton Visitor Centre
888 Westminster Avenue West
Peach Visitor Centre (seasonal)
(Okanagan Lake waterfront)
For the latest visiting hours, go to Visit Penticton's website