Welcome to Penticton! Penticton is the premier destination located in the South Okanagan with so much to offer, whether you're here for a day, a night, a week or longer, any time of the year. Well known for our vibrant wine industry and warm sunny weather, Penticton is the perfect four-season playground for visitors of all ages looking to get out in nature and experience world-class hospitality.
Top 10 Things to Do
Here are 10 must-try things to do in Penticton, according to Visit Penticton. And this is just getting started!
- Float the 7 km ‘Channel’ between Okanagan and Skaha Lake.
- Bike, hike, run or ride a horse on the Kettle Valley Railway.
- Tour and taste at many of the 80+ wineries within 20 minutes of the city.
- A lot of good beer goes into making fine wine! Penticton is home to 6 (soon to be 7) craft breweries!
- Enjoyed by locals and visitors alike, Saturday mornings are typically spent visiting the Penticton Farmer’s Market on the 100 block of Main Stret (May to October).
- Relax on one of our beautiful beaches and take a dip in our freshwater lakes.
- Get vertical at Skaha Bluffs Provincial Park, home to world-class sport climbing destination
- Attend one of our many events and festivals.
- Pick fresh fruit at a local orchard.
- Shop like a local at the numerous retail outlets and boutique stores around the city.
Did You Know?
- More than 30 years ago, Penticton became the birthplace of IRONMAN Canada. In 2020, IRONMAN is coming home!
- Penticton is one of only two cities in the world situated between two lakes: Okanagan Lake to the north and Skaha Lake to the south.
Penticton Visitor Centre
888 Westminster Avenue West
- Monday-Saturday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day